Translate


Monday, January 30, 2012

Homeless in Philly

(make sure your speakers are on so you can listen to this song by Matthew West - My Own Little World - it's so fitting!)

This past weekend God enabled my husband, daughter and I to share His love among the homeless in Philadelphia.  We had 20 survivor kits that contain things like water, vienna sausages, socks, hat, scarf, applesauce, gum, crackers, handwarmers and more.  Even more important than the physical provisions, we were able to put a Bible in each bag to share the word of God with these beautiful people.  I want to share some photos with you - some of the homeless gave me permission to take their pictures.  Please, please keep these street people in your prayers - by name when we were able to get a name - and in general for Philadelphia and all over the world. 

All that came to my mind is this plea to God  -  Break my heart for that which breaks Yours.  Amen.







 




























This is the city of 'Brotherly Love' -  oh, the irony.   God forgive us - we are such sinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. God bless you!